Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
ds708 problem

3956 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2013-10-11 03:30:36

•   Level 2   
    (43) points
    importcartech
    2013-10-01 18:53:12
     when I boot up my ds708 I get a light blue box that says "the vehicle programs are updating please wait". but it never goes away and my scanner will not function at all. this process has been ridiculously getting worse over time and now will not work at all. what do I do? also I have an error that says usb open failure 4. some times I get the error message that says dhcp cant connect or something like that and tells me its using lease cached information.

•   Level 2   
    (43) points
    importcartech
    2013-10-01 21:36:08

Ok so I figured out the problem. I went and purchased a new sandisk 16 gigabyte class 10 high speed card and placed it in my sd drive in my laptop. I opened the update application like I always would to do an update and it automatically saw the need for a system update package and I also re-downloaded all my car manufacturers that I work on in my region. I placed the card in my ds708 and all is good. This worked very well for me and I recommend this upgrade for all ds708 users. It made the entire process of opening up and using each manufacturer noticeably faster and smoother. It does frustrate me about the lack of support the we do have for these tools. but I can say that I am very pleased with the ds708's capabilities. There is not a tool that can do it all but I guarantee that this is by far the best tool for the money. TO AUTEL: Lets move forward in progress with the support of these tools and lets all work together to build a Snap-On diagnostics destroying company. I can only hope that you guys can take from us techs to build a better product to benefit us all.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-10-11 03:30:36 (Reply to:importcartech)

Hello, thanks buddy.
    We always want to hear more and learn some actual needs from a real mechanic. 
  Total1 Pages